City-News.in : Pune The National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA) returns with another week of celebrated performances from 10th April to 16th April on its YouTube channel ~. After receiving an overwhelming response in its first week, the NCPA is back with its NCPA@home digital series! The series will showcase performances across genres such as Western music, Indian music, jazz, dance and more from 10th April to 16th April 2020 at 6pm. Specially curated for music and dance enthusiasts from the NCPA archives, patrons can enjoy some of the finest performances from the confines of their home!
The NCPA@home digital series will further showcase presentations, lecture demonstrations, masterclasses and many more from NCPA’s extensive archival library.
Speaking about this initiative, Mr. K N Suntook, Chairman, NCPA, and Co-founder, Symphony Orchestra of India, said, “Trust you have enjoyed the last week’s programme. We have curated another week of events for you. As an organisation dedicated to the performing arts, our aim is to keep the cultural diet of art lovers a healthy one in these difficult times. We are grateful for the support that we have received from the artistes in making this online endeavour possible.”
The highlights of the coming week includes : –
- Zakir Hussain’s tabla concerto – Peshkar – commissioned by the NCPA for the SOI’s tour to Europe in 2016, with the composer as soloist and Zane Dalal as conductor
- Ace blues musician Mud Morganfield’s 2019 performance
- The legendary Girija Devi bringing to life the works of Shambhunath Mishra and Shyamcharan Mishra
- Aditi Mangaldas Dance Company’s memorable Kathak performance as part of NCPA’s Utsav festival
- New York Round Midnight Orchestra at the NCPA International Jazz Festival 2019, among other gems.
Block your calendar and log on to NCPA’s YouTube channel to enjoy all the upcoming showcases!